How Wisconsin Women are Affected
- Between 2006 and 2010, around 4,000 Wisconsin women were a victim of sexual violence; 90% of them knew the perpetrator.
- Nearly a third of Wisconsin women will experience rape, physical violence, and/or stalking by a partner in their lifetime.
- In 2010, there was an average of four interpersonal violence-related homicides per month in Wisconsin. Victims were all ages, the oldest being 87 years old.
- Caregivers who are responsible for the care of someone who once abused them have been known to experience Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- LGTB adults are 5 times as likely to be punched, slapped, hit, or kicked by a boyfriend, girlfriend, or partner; and 6 times as likely to be afraid for their safety.