How Wisconsin Women are Affected
- For every person who dies of a smoking-related cause, 20 more suffer from a smoke-related disease.
- 20.3% of adult women smoke in Wisconsin, higher than the national average of 17%.
- Potentially 94,500 years of life were lost in Wisconsin of those who died of smoking-related causes in 2007.
- Wisconsin has the highest rate of binge drinking in the entire country, at 25.6%..
- Wisconsin also ranks #1 on the most number of drinks while binge drinking with an average of 9.
- In 2008, 67.7% of childbearing age women drank, 22.7% of them reporting binge drinking. These statistics are well above Wisconsin’s Midwest neighbors.