First Breath can help you quit smoking.
By enrolling in First Breath, you’ll receive:
- Non-judgmental counseling and support
- Access to quit-smoking resources in Wisconsin
- Free gifts
Click to view First Breath locations, or call us at 1-800-448-5148 ext.104.
There many benefits to being smoke free! Most likely you have heard about these before, but things might look different when you add pregnancy and a baby into the mix.
Benefits to Unborn Baby:
- As soon as you quit, your baby will start getting more oxygen.
- There is a lower risk of miscarriage and stillbirth.
- There is a lower risk that your baby is born prematurely and/or born with low birth weight.
Smoking while you are pregnant can cause a lot of problems throughout the baby’s life.
Benefits to Your New Baby:
- Less fussy and cranky
- Less coughing and wheezing
- Fewer lung infections and other lung diseases like asthma, bronchitis and pneumonia
- Fewer colds, throats and ear infections
- Less likely to die of SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome)
Benefits to You:
- More energy and breathe more easily
- Less likely to develop heart disease, stroke, lung cancer, and other smoking related diseases
- You will feel good about what you have done for yourself and your baby
- Your hair, clothes, and home will smell better
- You will have more money–Learn about how much you’ll save
The benefits of quitting smoking start immediately and will last a life time. Read about them here.