First Breath can help you quit smoking.
By enrolling in First Breath, you’ll receive:
- Non-judgmental counseling and support
- Access to quit-smoking resources in Wisconsin
- Free gifts
Click here to view First Breath locations, or call us at 1-800-448-5148 ext.104 to learn how you can get involved.
There many benefits to being smoke free! Most likely you have heard about these before, but things might look different when you add pregnancy and a baby into the mix.
Benefits to Unborn Baby:
- As soon as you quit, your baby will start getting more oxygen.
- There is a lower risk of miscarriage and stillbirth.
- There is a lower risk that your baby is born prematurely and/or born with low birth weight.
Smoking while you are pregnant can cause a lot of problems throughout the baby’s life.
Benefits to Your New Baby:
- Less fussy and cranky
- Less coughing and wheezing
- Fewer lung infections and other lung diseases like asthma, bronchitis and pneumonia
- Fewer colds, throats and ear infections
- Less likely to die of SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome)
Benefits to You:
- More energy and breathe more easily
- Less likely to develop heart disease, stroke, lung cancer, and other smoking related diseases
- You will feel good about what you have done for yourself and your baby
- Your hair, clothes, and home will smell better
- You will have more money–Learn about how much you’ll save
The benefits of quitting smoking start immediately and will last a life time. Read about them here.